Business Continuity and Crisis Management
At the Department of Defense, Dr. Stockton was responsible for ensuring the continuity of DOD operations against all hazards. Sonecon helps U.S. and foreign companies update their continuity plans to stay ahead of emerging threats (including natural and manmade hazards). Specific areas of expertise to strengthen continuity of operations:
- Analysis of emerging cyber threats to clients and the infrastructure on which their business operations depend.
- Assess the vital business functions, mission requirements, and continuity priorities of a client that must be sustained during a cyber-attack and the initial responses.
- Review the client’s existing continuity plans in light of current threats, including key areas vulnerable to business interruption during cyber response operations.
- Analyze the potential impact of a business interruption for a client, including lost business, unplanned-for delays, stock price effects, and reputational damage.
- Develop options to update the client’s continuity plans, exercises, and training programs.